Watching Colorado state Senator Dave "If You're a Slut Your Baby Should Die of AIDS" Schultheis' Twitter stream is a revolting amusement; revolting because of his insanely limited intelligence but amusing because of the apparently sincere followers he allows. (For the record, I have been officially blocked from this elected official's Twitter stream, a prior restraint activity that begs an ACLU intervention.)
Typically, Schultheis' stream consists of retweets, so much so that original contributions by the Senator are so rare as to provoke questions of his ability to compose a sentence. But on occasion a couple of his acolytes produce bewildering repetitious tweets, like these:
Twitter - Search - Sen_Schultheis.png by deanbarnett on Aviary
So I wonder - should we coin a noun to describe the endless, self-satisfying repetition of tweets between followers in a Twitter stream? I'm thinking "Twitterbation" might be appropriate (and I DO NOT want to expand this to describe Twitterbation between members of the same gender, as seen above).
- ► 2010 (41)
- Pushing the Limits
- We Need a New Noun - Twitterbation?
- This Could be Entertaining
- Batshit Crazy in 140 Characters
- Nate Silver on the Tea Baggers Rally
- Tea Baggers vs. Pot Heads
- You Can't Handle the Truth
- Florida GOPer Reads Speech, Changes Mind
- Text of Pres Obama's "Indoctrination" Speech
- Franchised Faith? Prayer as Fast Food
- Jobs Advisor Hounded Out of Office
- Michelle Malkin Hearts Zombies
- ▼ September (12)
- ► 2008 (131)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.