The Cluster Fox crowd, particularly Dick "I Used to Have Power" Armey's FreedomWorks corporation, really really want to show their "9/12" crowd in DC deserves to be taken seriously, even if they are forced by actual turnout numbers to lie through their dentures about attendance.
Was it 1.5 million, as FW's Matt Kibbe claimed ABC reported? Well, no. ABC, referring to DC Fire Department estimates, pegged the crowd at 60 to 70,000.
Tell ya what - when the Tea Baggers clearly outnumber the beer-swilling pot smokers at Bonnaroo, I'll consider taking this Cluster Fox movement seriously.
ABC contradicts Kibbe: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/protest-crowd-size-estimate-falsely-attributed-abc-news/story?id=8558055
Bonnaroo Attndance: http://www.bonnaroo.com/rolling-stone-july-9-23-2009.aspx?preview=true
- ► 2010 (41)
- Pushing the Limits
- We Need a New Noun - Twitterbation?
- This Could be Entertaining
- Batshit Crazy in 140 Characters
- Nate Silver on the Tea Baggers Rally
- Tea Baggers vs. Pot Heads
- You Can't Handle the Truth
- Florida GOPer Reads Speech, Changes Mind
- Text of Pres Obama's "Indoctrination" Speech
- Franchised Faith? Prayer as Fast Food
- Jobs Advisor Hounded Out of Office
- Michelle Malkin Hearts Zombies
- ▼ September (12)
- ► 2008 (131)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.