Monday, May 11, 2009

True to Her Convictions?

Miss California Carrie Prejean appears on Dr. Dobson's radio program. Apparently, Satan has subcontracted temptation to Perez Hilton.

Miss California to James Dobson: 'Satan Was Trying to Tempt Me' - God & Country (usnews.com)
Dobson: Why did you give the answer you did with regard to the affirmation of marriage?

Prejean: . . . I felt as though Satan was trying to tempt me in asking me this question. And then God was in my head and in my heart saying, "Do not compromise this. You need to stand up for me and you need to share with all these people . . . you need to witness to them and you need to show that you're not willing to compromise that for this title of Miss USA."

And I knew right here that it wasn't about winning. It was about being true to my convictions.

Well, I'm certainly happy to hear about commitments to convictions, but I have to wonder about which convictions, and for how long. For example, at age 17 Ms. Prejean posed semi-nude for a Victoria's Secret lingerie ad, a photo session she denied when signing the contract with Miss California USA pageant officials. As a result, her state crown is now in jeopardy.

But to make matters of conviction even more muddied, Miss Prejean claimed the released photo was the only one taken. Not so, according to a second photo released after her initial explanation of semi-nude pic #1.

Not worry, though, Miss Prejean's immediate future is bright. Even if her serial lies cost her the California crown, she's already inked a deal with the National Organization for Marriage, word whore Maggie Gallagher's latest source of income, to appear in a $1.5 million ad campaign that will attempt to keep Satan and Perez Hilton from marrying someone of the same gender. At least Miss California is keeping her commitment to that conviction.

UPDATE 5/12/09: Creepy old rich guy cuts buxom blonde a break.  Sure didn't see that coming.

No comments:

Creative Commons