Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's All in the Timing

When I last posted about the Carrie Prejean fiasco, my underlying theme was a lack of integrity, which was, I thought, reinforced by Donald Trump's completely arbitrary overuling of the pageant contract in order to allow this self-serving young woman to retain her tiara. By extension, I doubted the integrity of the pageant's officials in toto. It turns out that assumption was wrong by 1.

IndyStar.com | AP National | The Indianapolis Star
Former Miss USA Shanna Moakler resigned as co-executive director of the Miss California USA pageant on Wednesday, saying she no longer believes in the organization because of pageant owner Donald Trump's decision to let the state's controversial title holder keep her crown.


With this news, my initial assumption is now correct. And it's a damn shame, too.Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments:

Creative Commons