Thursday, May 1, 2008

ChristoFascists in the News


Minnesota Monitor:: In Minnesota, once-ecumenical Day of Prayer festivities are now by evangelicals, for evangelicals

I'm not a big believer, and usually have cynical reactions to the doings of publically-religious folks, like the fundamentalists of every denomination. It's stuff like this that reinforces my disbelief.

The "National Day of Prayer" is now the property of right-wing fuckwit James Dobson and his equally goofy wife, Shirley. Instead of an event that included all faiths, it's now a Southern Baptist mutual stroke-athon. To be part of the organizing or speaking for this "National" event, you gotta sign a loyalty oath to Jeebus:

I believe that the Holy Bible is the inerrant Word of The Living God. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the only One by which I can obtain salvation and have an ongoing relationship with God. I believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, his virgin birth, his sinless life, his miracles, the atoning work of his shed blood, his resurrection and ascension, his intercession and his coming return to power and glory. I believe that those who follow Jesus are family and there should be unity among all who claim his name. I agree that these statements are true in my life.


Despicable but predictable. Who says the Pharisees are extinct?

No comments:

Creative Commons